Yang Management, Inc. has provided Construction Management, Project Management and Program Management services for various types of projects in Southern California. Our staff is familiar with the requirements of various school districts as well as state and local agencies. Our experience is based on the diverse talents of the staff, along with the over 17 years of experience in managing diverse projects for the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), 6 years for the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD), and many years with Los Angeles County Metropolitan Authorities (LACMTA). With local as well as national network of project management and resources, we stand to provide the professional knowledge and technical experience as well as the broad-based expertise to complete our projects.
We specializes in the management of educational construction projects. We have planned and managed implementation of hundreds of millions of bond funded and capital improvement dollars, which has benefited our clients in getting the best value for the least price possible.
We are particularly proud of our involvement with Southern California community colleges. In 2001 Yang Management was hired to provide Construction Management Services for the Los Angeles Unified School District. In 2009, Yang Management received from LACCD the Construction Project Management Support Services Bench Contract and have served as Campus Project Manager ever since then.
As a direct result of our program and project management services, many of our clients have been able to realize savings in the millions of dollars. As their program manager, we have then been able to make recommendations to apply those “saved” dollars to add value and new projects to original plans.
One of our core competencies is the management of large, complex, multi-project programs for community colleges and school districts. These programs encompass the development and construction of new facilities and modernization of existing facilities.
Our staff are seasoned professionals with diversified disciplines and expertise in all spectrum of the construction management services. We have planned and managed implementation of hundreds of millions of bond funded and capital improvement dollars, which has benefited our clients in getting the best value for the least price possible.
Our Services Include:
|· Project Management||· Constructability Review|
|· Construction Management||· Quality Assurance/Quality Control|
|· Project Controls||· Construction Inspection|
|· Cost Estimating||· Risk Management|
|· Scheduling||· Claim Analysis and Resolutions|
|· Cost Control||· Labor Compliance|
|· Value Engineering||· Document Control|
Mr. William J. Yang, who passed away in April 2011, was the founder of William J. Yang & Associates (1966-2007), a mechanical, electrical, and plumbing consultant firm and the predecessor company of Yang Management. Under the leadership of Mr. Yang, William J. Yang & Associates successfully completed over 5,000 projects during its existence of 41 years, ranging from $10,000 to $100,000,000 in project size. It provided engineering services to federal and state government agencies and private sectors for project assessment, planning, design, renovation, seismic retrofit project, construction management, and project management of a variety of domestic, international, military, educational, commercial, healthcare, and government facilities.
In the late 1990’s, Mr. Yang started to shift his focus on construction management and began a joint venture business with other companies to build up the strength of the company and concentrate on the school projects. Yang Management was established in 2002, and then incorporated in 2006.
Below is a list of William J. Yang & Associates’ major clients.
Representative Clients of William J. Yang & Associates
• Los Angeles Unified School District
• Compton Unified School District
• Lake Elsinore Unified School District
• El Monte Unified School District
• Inglewood Unified School District
• Long Beach Unified School District
• Lynwood Unified School District
• Pasadena Unified School District
• Santa Ana Unified School District
• U.S. Department of Defense
• Department of the Air Force
• Department of the Army
• Corp of Engineers
• Department of the Navy
• U.S. Department of Transportation
• U.S. General Services Administration
• U.S. Postal Service
• U.S. Veterans Administration
• California Department of Corrections
• California Department of General Services
• California Depart. of Transportation
• California Employment Development Department
• The California State University – Various Campuses
• University of California – Various Campuses
• Los Angeles Community Colleges
• County of Los Angeles
• Internal Services Department
• Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
• Long Beach Transit
• The Port of Long Beach
• The Port of Los Angeles
• Orange County Transportation Authority
• Metropolitan Transit Development Board
• North San Diego County Transit Development Board
• Los Angeles World Airports
• Los Angeles International Airport
• Ontario International Airport
• Bob Hope Airport (formerly Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena Airport)
• City of Burbank
• City of Los Angeles
• Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
• So. California Edison Company
• So. California Gas Company a Sempra Energy utility
• Aerospace Corporation
• Hughes Aircraft Co.
• Hughes Research Laboratory
• Jet Propulsion Laboratory
• Litton Guidance & Control Systems
• Lockheed Advanced Develop. Co.
• Lockheed Corporation
• Northrop Corporation
• Rocketdyne Corporation
• Rockwell International Corporation
• TRW Space and Electronics
• TRW Space and Electronics Group